Cooking with Katie - 3 Ingredient Brownies
If you read my last blog recipe, you would know that I am a self-declared terrible cook. I forgot to mention, I am also a terrible baker. For some reason, I am truly incapable of sifting, measuring, rolling, and I'm very prone to over pouring and burning. C’est la vie!
That’s why I love this particular recipe so much. My dear friends made these last summer and when they told me how easy they were to make, I was sold. Imagine: gooey, chocolately graham-crackery goodness and only THREE ingredients. That’s right, three! On your mark, get set, get baking!
- Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk- 2 cans
- Semi-Sweet Milk Chocolate Tidbits- 2 cups
- Graham Cracker Crumbs- 2 cups (or 2 pkgs Honey Maid Graham Crackers but then you have to crunch them yourself)
You’ll also need:
- A large mixing bowl and spoon
- Parchment paper
- 9x13 baking pan
- Cooling rack
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add all 3 ingredients in a bowl and stir together.
- Place parchment paper to cover the bottom of the pan and sides.
- Spoon the mixture into the baking pan and spread evenly.
- Bake on the middle rack for 30 minutes. They are done when the sides are dark brown and the middle is evenly brown.
- Let cool in the pan on a cooling rack for 10 minutes.
- **Important step** After the 10 minutes, take the brownies out of the pan in 8 sections to cool on the cooling rack. This allows the brownies to firm and prevents any sticking.
There you have it - a fail proof sweet treat that even I can manage to bake! So pour yourself a tall glass of milk and enjoy your baking success. You don’t even have to tell anyone how easy these were to make or that there were only 3 ingredients.. Your secret is safe with me!