COVID-19 Updates & What We're Doing
We at PT360 have made the following changes to our regular practice in order to keep providing high quality, necessary care while keeping our community safe from the spread of COVID-19.
Telehealth PT: We now offer Telehealth physical therapy services to allow you to continue with physical therapy from the safety and comfort of your own home! Our Telehealth PT will use Doxy.me, a secure video and audio platform that allows us to provide personalized care while maintaining HIPAA compliance. We are currently working with insurance carriers to verify coverage of physical therapy services via Telehealth. At this time, most insurance carriers are covering Telehealth PT due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Head over to our Telehealth PT portal to email your therapist and request a visit!
Schedule Changes: We are still open for patient care as we recently received an update from the Governor’s office that physical therapy is recognized as an essential business. Our clinics are operating on reduced hours for in-person visits on a case by case basis and we offer Telehealth physical therapy services for those who are appropriate to receive guidance and care from the safety of their own home. Independent pool or gym use, on-site classes, and non-essential massages are cancelled at this time. This is all in an effort to minimize patient traffic in our offices and keep everyone safe and healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic, so we appreciate your understanding and patience. Our office hours are:
- Burlington: Mon & Wed, 10am-2pm
- Shelburne: Mon & Wed, 8am-3pm
- S. Burlington: closed until further notice.
- Williston: Mon-Thurs, 8am-4pm
- Therapists are staggered between Mon/Wed and Tues/Thurs shifts to further decrease patient traffic in the office.
Clinic Cleaning: We are continuing to follow universal precautions with keeping our clinics clean and safe for everyone by:
- hand-washing before, during, and after patient treatments, while instructing our patients to do the same.
- being diligent in wiping down treatment surfaces & equipment between patients with disinfectant every hour.
- using ammonia or color safe bleach when washing towels, sheets, pillow cases, & pillows.
- hourly cleaning of high touch points, such as doors & door handles, light switches, hand rails, waiting room chairs/arm rests, equipment, & handicapped door assistance buttons.
Patient Screening: We are asking any patients to remain off our schedules for 14 days IF they have:
- traveled out of state OR had family members travel out of state.
- exhibited the typical symptoms of coughing, fever, and shortness of breath OR had any family members exhibit these symptoms.
- been sick in any other fashion OR had family members that have been sick.
- had a temperature of 100.0 degrees or greater in the past week.
We are also requiring patients to obtain permission from their primary care physician for in-person physical therapy if they:
- are 65 years or older
- have moderate to severe asthma or other lung conditions
- have cardiovascular conditions
- are immunocompromised
- have uncontrolled diabetes, renal failure, or liver disease
- are severely obese (>40 BMI)
Staff Screening: It has always been our policy that our staff stay home if they are not feeling well. All staff are monitoring their temperatures daily prior to coming to the office.