COVID-19 Updates & What We're Doing
We at PT360 have made the following changes to our regular practice in order to keep providing high quality, necessary care while keeping our community safe from the spread of COVID-19.
We now offer Telehealth physical therapy services to allow you to continue with physical therapy from the safety and comfort of your own home! Our Telehealth PT will use Doxy.me, a secure video and audio platform that allows us to provide personalized care while maintaining HIPAA compliance. At this time, most insurance carriers are covering Telehealth PT due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Head over to our Telehealth PT portal to email your therapist and request a visit!
We are continuing our phased reopening and allowing non-urgent patients to receive in-person physical therapy services. In order to keep everyone safe & healthy during COVID-19, we are regularly screening our patients & employees, limiting traffic in our offices, and regularly cleaning treatment surfaces, equipment, and high touch points. Therapists are taking care to distance themselves & their patients from other treatment groups in the clinic to remain within the CDC guidelines. Independent pool use, massage therapy, and limited in-person classes have resumed. Limited in-person aquatic classes are at our Shelburne location only.
Patients are required to wear masks in the office but as of 6/1/21, we are no longer taking temperatures prior to PT appts. We are requiring patients to obtain permission from their primary care physician for in-person physical therapy if they:
- are 70 years or older
- have moderate to severe asthma or other lung conditions
- have cardiovascular conditions
- are immunocompromised
- have uncontrolled diabetes, renal failure, or liver disease
- are severely obese (>40 BMI)
We are asking patients to refrain from in-person PT and transition to Telehealth PT for 14 days IF they have:
- exhibited the typical symptoms of coughing, fever, and shortness of breath OR had any family members exhibit these symptoms.
- been sick in any other fashion OR had family members that have been sick.
- had a temperature of 100.0 degrees or greater in the past week.
- have been asked to quarantine in the past 2 weeks.
Clinic Procedures & Cleaning
In order to maintain a safe environment for everyone, patients are to call the office when they arrive and wait in their cars until their therapist lets them in. There are hand-washing stations and hand sanitizer available to use before and after treatment. Sessions may be shortened to allow therapists to thoroughly clean their treatment area in between patients.
We are continuing to follow universal precautions with keeping our clinics clean by:
- hand-washing before, during, and after patient treatments.
- being diligent in wiping down treatment surfaces & equipment between patients with disinfectant.
- using ammonia or color safe bleach when washing towels, sheets, pillow cases, & pillows.
- hourly cleaning of high touch points, such as doors & door handles, light switches, hand rails, waiting room chairs/arm rests, equipment, & handicapped door assistance buttons.
It has always been our policy that our staff stay home if they are not feeling well. All staff are monitoring their temperatures daily prior to coming to the office and are required to wear masks when in the office.