Williston - (802) 860-4360
Burlington - (802) 657-7990
Shelburne - (802) 985-9360

Blog

YOU DO YOU - A Review of Present Over Perfect By Shauna Niequist - PART 2

Dec 07, 2018
There’s a passage in the Bible where God says to the snow, “Fall on the earth.” He then says to the rain-shower, “Be a mighty downpour.”   I discovered these passages as I continued reading Shauna Niequist’s…

HOW TO DETERMINE THE VALUE OF PHYSICAL THERAPY

It is estimated that only 7% of the U.S population have utilized physical therapy services this year – what about the other 93% that haven’t?  Considering that physical therapy is intended for those who are injured, who are post-surgical, and who are looking for preventative medicine, one would expect…

THE MYSTERIOUS ROTATOR CUFF

The Rotator Cuff Occasionally mispronounced as the “rotator cup”, “that rotating thing,” and/or the “rotary cuff.”  You’ve probably heard your co-worker, family member, and/or neighbor talking about this daunting part of the shoulder. Often times, when someone injures his/her shoulder, friends and family…

IT TAKES A VILLAGE

“It takes a village to raise a child”   It’s an African proverb that we’ve all heard before, highlighting the importance of the community with helping children to experience the world and grow in a safe environment.  Nowhere is that more true than in the world of Special Olympics.  Many of us know…

COOKING WITH KATIE - TURMERIC CHICKPEA CHICKEN SOUP

Did you know that turmeric has been used for centuries for its natural healing properties? The Arthritis Foundation cites several studies show evidence for turmeric reducing inflammation in people with arthritis. Not only that, but turmeric has been said to aid in digestion, reduce the risk of cancer,…

MAKING INTERNATIONAL CONNECTIONS: FROM CHILE TO VERMONT

On September 25th, 2018, Andrea Onetto began her four week fellowship with PT360 and she came all the way from Chile!  Andrea is a physical therapist in her home country of Chile, where she has completed her schooling and opened her own private practice a few years ago at a young age.  She applied through…

#ChoosePT FOR PAIN MANAGEMENT

With National Physical Therapy month just a couple of weeks away, I thought it would be an opportune time to highlight the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) #ChoosePT campaign. This campaign is a response to the national opioid epidemic and strives to educate both consumers and providers on…

EAT LIKE A FLEXITARIAN & REAP THE BENEFITS OF A VEGETARIAN

WHAT IS A FLEXITARIAN DIET? It is eating a semi-vegetarian diet with the occasional inclusion of meat. I think we can all admit that we get in a rut about cooking and meal planning - it takes time to eat healthy.  I am hoping to inspire you with some easy ways to implement more plant-based meals into…

WHAT'S YOUR THING? A Review of Present Over Perfect by Shauna Niequist - PART 1

In Shauna Niequist’s Present over Perfect, she quotes Richard Rohr who said, “The skills that take you through the first half of your life are entirely unhelpful for the second half.”  The book was a Mother’s Day gift from my daughter Allison and despite her weekly encouragement to start reading, it…

WORKPLACE WELLNESS

Working at a computer station all day can take a toll on the body. We often hear phrases thrown around regarding posture, work station ergonomics, stretching, and strengthening. But what does this actually mean? More importantly, what does this look like? Repetitive activities, lack of mobility, and…

HEAT, HUMIDITY, AND HYDRATION

What a string of hot, humid days we are having!  I keep looking at the weather forecast and asking, when will this break??  My lawn is drying out, my veggie garden refuses to grow, and my dog hides in the shady corners of the house.  Even I feel less motivated to move around these days, although I still…